The aim of LUMA Centre Finland is to inspire and motivate children and youth into mathematics, science and technology through the latest methods and activities of science and technology education. The aim is also to support the life-long learning of teachers working on levels of education from early childhood to universities, and strengthen the development of research-based teaching.
LUMA Centre Finland was established 8 November 2013 as the umbrella organization for LUMA Centres in Finnish universities and university campuses to strengthen and promote their collaboration on national and international level.
1. Central Finland LUMA Centre (University of Jyväskylä)
2. LUMA Centre Aalto (Aalto University)
3. LUMA Centre Lapland (University of Lapland)
4. LUMA Centre of Central Ostrobothnia (Kokkola University Campus Chydenius)
5. LUMA Centre of Ostrobothnia (University of Vaasa)
6. LUMA Centre of Southwestern Finland (University of Turku)
7. LUMA Centre of the University of Eastern Finland
8. LUMA Centre of the University of Oulu
9. LUMA Centre Päijänne Tavastia (Lahti University Campus)
10. LUMA Centre Saimaa (Lappeenranta University of Technology + Saimaa University of Applied Sciences)
11. LUMA Centre Åbo Akademi (Åbo Akademi University)
12. Tampere LUMATE Centre (University of Tampere and Tampere University of Technology + Tampere University of Applied Sciences)
13. University of Helsinki LumA Science Education Centre
LUMA Centre Finland promotes competence in LUMA subjects (i.e. mathematics, natural sciences and technology) according to national strategy and plan of action validated by the board.
With our collaborators are we dedicated to promoting the study and teaching of science and mathematics. Our mission is to inspire and motivate both students and teachers through all levels of education.
This English language version of our site is dedicated to mathematics, science and technology education news from Finland to all international audiences. LUMA News highlights themes, innovations and research in Finnish mathematics, science and technology education as well as interesting events within the field.
Our peer-reviewed open access research journal LUMAT: Research and Practice in Math, Science and Technology Education publishes original research in the area of science, mathematics and technology education research.