- This event has passed.
LINKS – Learning through innovation and networking in STEM, Final Conference
June 3, 2019 @ 09:00 - 17:00
The LINKS project (Learning from Innovation and Networking in STEM – science, technology, engineering and mathematics) aimed at improving inquiry-based STEM teaching through the continuing professional development (CPD) of teachers and their educators, both at primary and secondary levels.
The results of the project are presented in the final conference of the project, e.g.
- Key knowledge and skills that should be developed among teachers and educators.
- Innovations that could be brought to CPD in terms of content, methods and tools.
- The role of different stakeholders in CPD apart from traditional CPD providers, and especially the role of employers and of the scientific community.
Decision-makers, employers, researchers working on science education but also those from scientific disciplines interested in education, teachers and teacher educators from each project partner country (Austria, Finland, France, Italy and the United Kingdom) are invited to the final conference. We would also like to warmly welcome all interested in the subject. Complimentary coffee and lunch are served at the venue and attendance is free of charge.
The final conference is organised at the University of Helsinki, in Helsinki, Finland on Monday, June 3rd, 2019.
The International LUMAT Symposium 2019, with the theme “Future of Work, Research and Education” is organised in Jyväskylä, Finland, on June 5th and 6th, 2019.
09.00 – 09.30 Welcome @Exactum CK112 auditorium. Live-stream
- Welcome words by Prof. Maija Aksela, Director of the LUMA Centre Finland
- Presentation of the LINKS project and the final conference by Dr. David Jasmin, Director of the Fondation La main à la pâte, France
09.30 – 10.30 Presentation of the study @Exactum CK112 auditorium. Live-stream
- Experiences in implementing effective continuous professional development for STEM teachers in five European countries by Laurence Constantini, coordinator of LINKS, Fondation La main à la pâte, France
- Q&A with the audience
10.30 – 11.00 Coffee break
11.00 – 11.50 How to improve STEM CPD in Europe @Exactum CK112 auditorium. Live-stream
- 1st part − Presentation on the main conclusions and recommendations proposed by LINKS partners on 5 cross-cutting issues
11.50 – 12.30 Five workshops @Exactum CK112 auditorium. Live-stream
- Working with the schools, ANISN, Italy
- Working with the scientific community, Fondation La main à la pâte, France
- Working with the employers, LUMA Centre, Finland
- Quality-assurance and evidence-based impact evaluation, STEM Learning, United Kingdom
- Building comprehensive partnerships and alliances, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
12.30 – 14.00 Lunch
14.00 – 15.30 How to improve STEM CPD in Europe @Chemicum A129 auditorium.
- 2nd part − What features should be developed in STEM CPD programmes in the future?
15.30 – 16.00 Coffee break
16.00 – 16.30 Feedback session @Chemicum A129 auditorium.
16.30 – 17.00 Conclusions @Chemicum A129 auditorium.
The LINKS project is supported by the French National Agency of the Erasmus + Programme.
This webpage reflects only the author’s view. The French National Agency and the Commission are not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains.