in Jyväskylä, Finland, on June 5th – 6th, 2019
- Warmly Welcome!
- Call for Presentations
LUMA Centre Finland has the honour and pleasure to invite you to Jyväskylä, Finland, from Wed 5th to Thu 6th June 2019, to the International LUMAT Symposium: Research and Practice in Math, Science and Technology Education (LUMAT) 2019.
We welcome math, science and technology teachers from all educational levels, prospective teachers, teacher educators and researchers, developers and other experts in math, science and technology education to attend this symposium to share ideas on math, science and technology education and to discuss new developments in the field.
The theme of the symposium is Future of Work, Research and Education in the context of math, science and technology education.
The language of the symposium is English.
Call for Presentations
The call for presentations for LUMAT 2019 is open.
Please note that only oral presentations given live at the symposium venue are possible. The LUMAT symposium is free of charge, however we will not cover any travel costs of presentees.
The deadline for submitting the proposals is January 31st, 2019.
The proposals are evaluated by the local scientific sub-committee. The submitters will receive information about acceptance of their presentations by February 15th, 2019.
LUMAT 2019 is organized at the same time as National LUMA Days for Finnish teachers etc., so the programme is partly the same.
The Finnish National and International StarT Gala on Thu 6th June is also part of the programme.
- The programme (.pdf)
- ICT is utilized in many sessions, so BYOD, Bring Your Own Device.
- Please note that the programme is not available in paper form at the venue.
- You can share new ideas, feelings etc. in social media with @lumasuomi and #LUMAT2019.
The online registration closes on ... (You can register at the information/registration desk at the venue, too.)
- Registration Form
You can choose the sessions you would like to attend at the venue.
There are no registration/participation fees.
The symposium takes place at the Main Campus (Seminaarinmäki) of the University of Jyväskylä, in the center of the city of Jyväskylä, Finland.
The information/registration desk is located at the lobby of the XXXXXXX building (address: XXXXXXX).
The coffee point of the symposium will provide participants with free coffee all day.
You can enjoy breakfast, lunch etc. at your own cost in the nearby restaurants.
There are car parking places at …
Useful information about the city of Jyväskylä:
Useful information about Finland:
- Visit Finland
- This is Finland
- A visa to visit Finland
- Money in Finland
- Useful Words & Phrases in Finnish
Please note that the LUMA Centre Finland is not able to provide any grants for traveling to the symposium.
Proceedings of the LUMAT 2019 will be published as a special issue in the LUMAT-B journal.
The deadline for submitting manuscripts through the journal’s website will be September 30th, 2019.
More information about preparing manuscripts and submission of them can be found at the journal’s website.
The symposium is organized by the LUMA Centre Finland.
- The board of the LUMA Centre Finland
Programme Planning Committee
- Director of the LUMA Centre Finland, Prof. Dr. Maija Aksela, University of Helsinki (Chair)
- Project Manager of the StarT Programme in Finland, Outi Haatainen, University of Helsinki
- Coordinator of the Central Finland LUMA Centre, Anniina Koliseva, University of Jyväskylä
- Coordinator of the Central Finland LUMA Centre, Anna-Leena Kähkönen, University of Jyväskylä
- Chair of the board of the LUMA Centre Finland, Director of the Central Finland LUMA Centre, Prof. Dr. Jan Lundell, University of Jyväskylä
- Project Manager of the StarT Programme internationally, Anette Markula, University of Helsinki
- Coordinator of the Central Finland LUMA Centre, Lassi Pyykkö, University of Jyväskylä
- Administrative Assistant for the Director of the LUMA Centre Finland, Lauri Vihma, University of Helsinki (Secretary)
The hotels listed below have a room quota or special price for participants of the symposium. (See the map above for the locations of the hotels.)
The room reservation has to be made directly to the hotel, via their website, by email or by phone. Please remember to include the given booking code when making the reservation.
There might be some changes to the room prices shown on this page. (The LUMA Centre Finland / the University of Helsinki or the University of Jyväskylä do not take responsibility over the changes done after the room quota was agreed on.)
Please note that the quota in some hotel might be full by the time you are making the reservation.
Please also note that all the quotas/special prices have dates on when the booking has to be made by and after that date there is no guarantee you will be able to reserve a room in that hotel.
The room fee is paid directly to the hotel.
The LUMA Centre Finland / the University of Helsinki or the University of Jyväskylä can not provide any grants for accommodation.