- Tämä tapahtuma on mennyt.
Lilu’s House: Language Skills through Experiments
21.9.2018 klo 14:00 – 18:00
Language is key to knowledge and social participation. Already in primary school, the skills gap should be closed through systematic language-promotion. Experiments on natural scientific phenomena in everyday life with an inquiry-based approach are particularly suitable for the promotion of language skills.
In the Science on Stage project ‘Lilu’s House‘, an international teacher team of ten primary school teachers
- Jitka Houfková, Czech Republic
- Majken Grünfeld, Denmark
- Kirsi Rehunen, Finland
- Heidrun Boll, Petra Breuer-Küppers, Jenny Schlüpmann and Mario Spies, Germany
- Maeve Liston, Ireland
- Monica Zanella, Italy
- Anna Gunnarsson, Sweden
developed a teaching brochure that offers specific ideas and practical advice for hands-on experiments.
The brochure aims at primary school children but also at mixed-ability classes and will be available for free on the SonSEu website.
Children come across ‘inexplicable’ observations in bathroom, kitchen and living room, examine them in a fun way and simultaneously train their language skills with Lilu, Alina and their friends. These experimental units are complemented by methodological recommendations. The diverse difficulty levels of texts and tasks consider mixed-ability classes in learning and skills and help to create inclusive lessons.
The brochure will be published with hands-on workshops following the presentation.
The project is supported by the Joachim Herz Stiftung.
Programme (in Brussels time)
12:30 Registration and light lunch
13:00 Welcome and greetings
- Friedrich von Heusinger, Director of the Representation of the State of Hessen to the EU
- Michael Teutsch, Head of Unit Schools and Multilingualism, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission
13:20 Presentation Science on Stage – The European Network for Science Teachers
- Stefanie Schlunk, Chair Science on Stage Europe
13:35 Presentation publication and making-of Lilu’s House
- Dr Jenny Schlüpmann, project coordinator, Freie Universität Berlin
13:50 Interview with participants of the project
14:00 Practical demonstration of experiments from the booklet
14:30 Get together
- Host: Wolfgang Gollub – think ING., die Initiative für Ingenieurnachwuchs
Contact and registration by September 16th
Science on Stage Deutschland e.V.
Tel. +49 30 400067-40