LUMAT invites researchers, practitioners, and educators to contribute to the upcoming special issue on Sustainability and Education.
Education policy and curricula in various countries emphasize promoting sustainability in all levels of education. Sustainability and Education special issue will focus on research discussing the role of sustainability in education as well as research on promoting sustainability through education. We welcome contributions from all areas of educational research (e.g. science, art and engineering education as well as educational psychology and educational sociology).
Deadlines and special issue timetable:
- Submission deadline (full paper): October 31, 2022
- Continuous publication after peer review and acceptance.
We welcome both empirical as well as theoretical manuscripts in English, Finnish, Swedish and Icelandic.
Acceptance criteria for the manuscripts are that they:
- Are research-based and have not been previously published.
- Contain the following subsections:
- Context/relevance of the study: Why the research was conducted.
- Aim/research questions: What guided the research.
- Theoretical framework/conceptual rationale/pragmatic grounding: How the current research is connected to the earlier studies.
- Research methods and research design: How the research was conducted (both empirical and theoretical manuscripts are welcome).
- Results (in theoretical manuscripts, the discussion on how the manuscript contributes to the earlier research can be combined with the discussion section and Result section might be omitted.
- Discussion/Conclusions/Implications: How the research questions were answered, how the research results contribute to the field.
- References in APA 7 style: Use the template on the journal website.
- Follow the academic research guidelines for ethical and professional academic publishing, such as: publishing original work, accurate and detailed findings and methodology, including those writers as authors that have contributed to the work significantly; including all the permissions to publish previously published content from the copyright holders; adhering to (personal) data protection legislation (confidential information, identifying individuals, etc.)
- Are clearly written – English clarity and correct grammar are expected. If necessary, the authors are asked to proofread, and copy edit the manuscripts prior to the submission.
PhD Veli-Matti Vesterinen, University of Turku, Finland
PhD Ásthildur Jónsdóttir, University of Iceland, Iceland